Calvary Baptist Church was founded in 1953 and held its first services in Winter Garden’s American Legion Hall with 17 charter members. Our founding pastor, Reynold Lemp, served as the pastor of Calvary for 50 years. During those years Calvary grew and built the facilities we currently meet in at 631 S. Dillard St. In 2003 Pastor Lemp retired as the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church. He had the privilege to see his assitant pastor, Alan Benson become the pastor. Pastor Benson oversaw the interior renovation of our auditorium as well as a significant growth in attendance. In late 2005 Pastor Benson was called to another ministry, and the church began its first pastoral search. After several months searching for a new pastor, the church called, T. J. Klapperich to be the third pastor of Calvary Baptist Church.
Though we have seen much change in our 60+ year history, one thing remains the same: our consuming desire to see people grounded in the Scripture and changed into the image of Jesus Christ.
Our services emphasize Biblical worship of God through conservative Gospel hymns and Scriptural preaching. Our Sunday School is designed to help families know how to live righteously in our present day. The mid-week service is designed for Spiritual edification and prayer.